About the role
Our client are reimagining how humans and AI work together. Going from where we are to where we need to be will involve solving many interesting research problems as well as productionising the state-of-the-art in ML.
As a Machine Learning engineer, you will play a key role in solving these research problems and helping to write high quality ML software.
- Generate and pitch ideas to improve our production systems and/or research ideas that could result in publications at ML or NLP conferences.
- Work with others in the team to continuously incorporate new research into our product and help to deploy it to our cloud infrastructure.
- Own and push forward your projects during the whole research cycle, writing code, running experiments, evaluating results and drawing conclusions.
- Work with the engineering team to optimise our deployments
- Take part in our team-wide reading groups and present your work to the team and on our blog.
Key personal skills required:
They believe that talented people come from all sorts of backgrounds so we don’t look for specific qualifications. They do need you to be able to demonstrate that you have a good understanding of ML and NLP fundamentals and that:
- You have experience developing machine learning models using PyTorch, TensorFlow or a similar auto-diff framework (ideally in a commercial environment)
- You can read a research paper or mathematical description of an algorithm/model and translate that paper into high quality code
- You enjoy contributing to research projects or open source
- You’ve worked on research that has (or could have) led to publications at academic conferences
- You’re excited about NLP, AI and our mission.
- You’re passionate about learning. You care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself
What the company are offering:
- Meaningful and interesting work
- Competitive salary and share options
- Flexibility and control over how you work
- The excitement and freedom of an early stage VC-backed startup
- A £1000 book/conference allowance to invest in your learning
- Regular company retreats to exciting locations
The company see many benefits to being remote and plan to be that way for the foreseeable future. They also believe that building strong culture and innovating require trust and facetime, so they want to be able to meet in person at least once a month.
As a result you will be fully remote for at least the next year but you must have the ability to travel to London at least once a month for a day or two.
Why you should join the team?
Almost every company could benefit from software that better understands language but building NLP systems today requires specialist expertise and unreasonable amounts of human annotated data. We’re fixing that.
Their team have previously worked on some of the largest AI projects at Google, Microsoft and Amazon as well studied ML at UCL and Cambridge and we’re backed by some of the world’s top investors like Index Ventures and Y Combinator.
If you like
- solving hard technical problems at the forefront of AI
- building fast and shipping often
- minimal process and lots of autonomy
Get in touch..