My client is a world leader in Digital and Analogue ink manufacturing. Their IT department provides services for four companies based in the UK, USA and India.
As a web developer, you will be working with a dynamic team which uses technology as a business enabler. The current web applications have been developed using a mix of technologies including WAMP and LAMP stack, and HCL Domino.
The successful candidate will provide support for the current applications as well as developing new applications from scratch. Their current program includes the migration of HCL Domino applications to modern application development stacks. They will recommend solutions and methodologies for this migration. The current migration path is to WAMP/LAMP which will require strong PHP and SQL knowledge as well as front end development
- Web application development and support.
- Support existing SQL database packages and procedures.
- Provide support for IBM Domino & Xpages applications in collaboration with our third party Domino support company.
- Engage in all areas of SDLC – testing, documentation, implementation and release management process for the systems.
- Support and develop interfaces between Web applications and other business solutions.
- Implement security and data protection measures for existing and new applications.
- Understand and perform maintenance of systems including diagnosis and resolution of technical problems which may be of a complex nature.
- Prepare system documentation including technical and end user manuals.
- Evaluate new products and technologies as required by the business.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology related to the company’s software solutions, which may include attending conferences and training.
- Review of current systems and presentation of ideas for system improvements
- Hybrid workload – 8:30-5:00
- A passion for IT and learning about existing and new technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PHP (Including LARAVEL Framework), CSS, MySQL, MS SQL, JAVA Script etc.
- Knowledge of GIT version control processes.
- Ability to produce detailed specifications and write program code
- Ability to develop effective testing procedures.
Nice to have
- Experience developing software for manufacturing companies is beneficial.
- IBM Domino and X-Pages as secondary development tools
- Experience in host server management (e.g. LAMP, WAMP)
5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including Maths and English together with relational database fundamentals, design and development knowledge. Further development in the role will require demonstrating comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of web application development using data from backend databases.
Key Competencies for this role:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A structured and transparent approach to work to allow work to be picked up and understood by colleagues)
- Team Oriented, collaborative
- Experience in creating and maintaining object oriented PHP based systems
- Experience of working with MSSQL and MySQL.
- Experience of working with Laravel (or similar framework)
- Proficient understanding with software testing
Responsible for understanding & adhering to the management systems procedures relating to their working area, work instructions, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
If you are interested, please contact Matthew Thomas at email@example.com